Skip to main content

Like For Ever


I have been looking for a British scrapbook kit club for a while.  I love Cocoa Daisy and a few of the other international kits but, uh, postage is expensive and takes forever!!  I was delighted to come across Nicola who has set up Like For Ever.  After faffing and procrastinating for a few days weeks I signed up.  It's no commitment so I can cancel any time - what can go wrong?  Well kit number one arrived last week.  I planned to take photos as I unpacked the kit... I didn't.  I got over-excited and jumped right in and started creating!


Here are some photos of my part used kit.  There is tonnes here, right?  And it's not even a whole kit!!


Look at the palette of embellishments... buttons... sequins...



It is a gorgeous kit.  I don't think I have ever bought any Maggie Holmes products before and the majority of the kit is Maggie's collection, so already the kit is pushing and challenging me.  Not in a bad way, in a really really good way.

So here is the first layout made with the kit...


I'm so pleased with it.  It is inspired by Suse Fish (her layouts are so pretty and she is a lovely lady!)


I've added in some Crafty Ribbons lace in colours that match the kit.  The cream lace tape came in the kit.  Oh and big gold paper clips!!  Nicola added some tulle in to my parcel so I used some 'ribbons' of tulle on the end of my paper clip.


A few other pieces of tulle made the border too, but rather than keeping them white I coloured them with promarkers to match the mint green and peachy coral.


Oh, and MINT SEQUINS!!  My new favourite supply!
I will add some journalling and the date but I wanted to keep that private.

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. Just wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am just going to type 'Ditto' on here from now on, as all your LO are fab.

    Hope you have a good start to the week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 159

Hello, Happy Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday !  As promised a picture of last Wednesdays 'work' finished off.  Post and more photos here . This week I'm showing off the beaded ATC I made... Tricky to photograph so your getting one with flash and one without... It was all parcelled up and sent off to Queen of Desks Julia .  Here is a basic of how it was made... (lots of waffle about wefts and warps!) I use a flexible beading needle.  It is mainly 'eye' so it is very easy to thread. And delica beads which are more regular and accurate than the better known seed bead.  They are slightly more rectangular than round so they line up better. Thread your needle with the weft thread.  (The cross ways thread that weaves back and forth.)  Pick up the beads... Pass the needlefull of beads underneath the warp (tight length ways) threads on the loom... ...and push each bead up in the corresponding g

Hoppity!

Hoppity hoppity!!  :) Hopeful you have arrived here from Fleur 's blog as part of the Crafty Ribbons Easter Hop .  If not and you've found yourself here wondering what on earth I'm on about (and let’s face it J you wouldn’t be the first!!) check out the Inspirations site for all the juicy details! My project for the hop is         Easter bunting!  I cut three templates first - a triangle pennant, a bird and a heart.        Then I cut the pennant shapes from fibre ribbon, threaded them on to some 3mm satin and evenly spaced them.  I embellished each flag with some beads...       I backed the birds and heart on some thin white card and glued them to the centre of the pennants.   My supplies list: yellow fibre , pink fibre , lime fibre , 3mm satin , button box , white card, glue, beads, needle and thread.   At each stop on the hop there'll be a word to collect and a candy draw. I've got these

WOYWW & Card Deck Swap

First up is my desk ... Hmm.  Perhaps the less said the better!  I really should have a sort out but I fancy desking instead! Next I want to share my card deck swaps (deskers don't have to stay for this bit but I reckon you'd enjoy joining in with us, which is why I'm including it in this post) You can read about the swap here on Jessica's blog and sign up here .  Basically, we take a deck of cards, add paint and/or paper, then add a positive sentiment to each card.  Post them to Jessica who shuffles them and sends back 52 different cards from different artists (yes, you are an artist!) from all over the world. These few are ones I have picked out to display first.  I'll swap them round after a few weeks.  Do you like my domino pegs?  :) Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you'll at least consider joining us for the card swap - it's like a super sized ATC swap, and all WOYWW er's know they are fun! See you at your desk x